Christmas Card humor

So, I got the inevitable link to a flash Christmas card again this year. This one was hiding out on the servers at Reuters, for some reason...

[But has since been moved. Here's a link to the author's site]

...It just happens that the version of White Christmas being used to back up the animation is one that I have always liked since I heard it featured on The Santa Clause a few years back. Me being the curious foot chewer that I am, I wrote the following:
So who is singing that version of the song? I don't recognize the singer.
Should have known what response I would get:
not sure who that is????....sounded/looked like santa to me, with a reindeer accompaniment???????? :-) but i realize there are a lot of santa impostors out there....nothing is sacred anymore it seems....everyone trying to cash in on holy-days seasons.....aloha
Yeah, really set myself up for that one, didn't I?

So who is the voice behind the big red guy? Well, I tracked down the singers on my own. It would be The Drifters. I'm going to put it on my to buy list for next year. Have a Funky Christmas.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Ad Hominems, Spam and Advertisements will be mercilessly deleted. All other comments are eagerly anticipated.