It's Called a Tuque

Listening to FreeTalkLive. listening to, amongst other subjects, Ian and Mark promote the FTL store at least once an hour, and mention the 'beanie' at least every other night. I kept hoping they'd figure out what the hat is called on their own, but it's about to drive me nuts.

[I catch myself doing this a lot lately. Listening to the talking heads on the radio and the TV, and correcting their English. Out loud. To myself. I think I'm spending too much time at home alone with the children. It's either that, or the level of education amongst talking heads has taken a steep drop in the last few years]

The hat is called a tuque, or a stocking cap. The difference between a beanie and a stocking cap is the fabric that it is made of (also, a beanie isn't complete without a propeller on top) and the fact that a tuque is made to keep the head warm.

You live in the Great White North now, guys. (The distance between New Hampshire and Canada is less than the distance between Austin and Dallas. How much closer can you get?) Learn the vernacular, eh?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Ad Hominems, Spam and Advertisements will be mercilessly deleted. All other comments are eagerly anticipated.