Dr. Joan Bushwell: The Tolkienian War on Science

Strangely, I saw this attitude while reading JRRT, but I never made note of it (no matter my disagreements concerning the bugaboo of the left, global warming, which she alludes to while giving the Bush administration a few well deserved jabs) It does put the entire series of stories in a different light.

Science Blogs: Dr. Joan Bushwell, "The Tolkienian War on Science"

"This time around, I could see where Feanor was coming from, and that he was roundly screwed on all sides by Morgoth and by the Valar. Even though I realized it before, and just didn't want to face it years ago, it was obvious that JRRT really did not think well of scientists and technologists."

No comments:

Post a Comment

Ad Hominems, Spam and Advertisements will be mercilessly deleted. All other comments are eagerly anticipated.