LLB "Forgiven"

I went out and picked up LLB's "Forgiven" a few days ago. I had to go to Wal-Mart because my brother (I've mentioned him before) clued me in to a surprise on the album. But it's only on the album available at Wal-Mart.

Track 14. Plain as day to me. My brother's voice on a major release album. I've heard him singing before. His band Hazytrane had their own album but you couldn't buy it at Wal-Mart. Don't believe me? Check out this video on Yahoo! Music:



Yeah, that's him singing. Every day I find additional evidence that the universe is indeed weirder than we can imagine. Congratulations, my brother.

The album? It's better than their initial release. I heard the songs on the first album before they were prettied up for the general public (connections have their perks) and I preferred the sound (in fact "Hurt" my favorite of the pre-release songs, has never been released) This album has that same playful edge that you get at a live LLB concert, that was present in the pre-release songs from the first album. Just three guys (and apparently my brother) jamming in a garage somewhere. Pick it up if you get the chance.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Ad Hominems, Spam and Advertisements will be mercilessly deleted. All other comments are eagerly anticipated.