Dr. Who Christmas Special. My First Amazon Review. A Twofer.

Image courtesy BBC
& Dalekdom on Deviantart
available on Amazon.com
Posted here on Amazon.

Let me set something straight. I love Doctor Who. I have watched every episode available from the First Hartnell to the latest Matt Smith. My cable system and PVR let me down and didn't record this years Christmas Special, (wasn't marked "new" apparently) so kudos to Amazon for having it available to purchase and stream (can I get a round figure on what it would cost to own all of the Doctor this way? Less than 5 figures, please) Doctor Who remains Doctor Who whether we're talking about Hartnell's Captain Kangaroo delivery, Pertwee's 007 flamboyancy, Tom Baker's charming teeth and curls, or Matt Smith doing a fair impression of Troughton's second doctor. It's all British, it's all time traveling entertainment on a grand scale.

Watch this one, it's good.

However, I write this post because, once again, I'm sent a message by Amazon asking me "how many stars I would give this show". The same hook they use each time I purchase ANYTHING. From a song to a book to a movie that is 20 years old; to this film (which could probably benefit from a positive review) and each time I fall for the hook and wander over here, it's demanded of me that I wax verbose on the subject of whatever it is. If I've purchased a single song, I cannot leave a review without writing an essay about it! That is simply ridiculous.

Please. Please, I'm begging here. Remove the requirement that essays be written for each and every product that you purchase, just so you can give an 'attay boy' to something that deserves it, without having to struggle with wit and punctuation, and heaven forbid CAPS LOCK. Let us just give a star rating, please? At least quit pretending in your e-mails that a star rating is all you want.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Ad Hominems, Spam and Advertisements will be mercilessly deleted. All other comments are eagerly anticipated.